At ModuleWorks we develop software components for the CAD/CAM industry that are used to control and simulate CNC machines and robots. With over 200 employees and more than 70% of the global market share, we are the leading company in this sector. We are proud to have won the “Great Place to Work“ award as one of Germany’s best employers every year since 2014.
Buzzwords like „Industry 4.0“ or „Industrial Internet of Things“ are familiar to you? Well, we live them! One of our latest developments expands the limits of proven technology and opens a new dimension of fail-safe processing in real production environments.
At our Aachen site, you have the opportunity to improve the system, work on the basic algorithms and adapt them to the requirements of various CNC control systems and international customers. As the „Silicon Valley of mechanical engineering“, with Aachen University (RWTH) and its many world-renowned institutes, Aachen is literally the heart of international mechanical engineering and a vibrant, attractive university city in the center of Europe. And it is the perfect location for our headquarters, which has helped us develop into a respected partner for the world‘s largest and best-known CNC machine manufacturers.
To strengthen our Team, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer (full time) for our NC-code simulation product NC Editor.
- At least five years of professional programming experience, preferably in C#
- Good understanding of software architecture
- University degree in a STEM subject
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good command of English
- Ability to work independently, team spirit and flexibility
- Willing to take on new challenges
- Experience/knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- NC controls and NC-code
- Modern .Net development
- Agile and modern development methods (Scrum, TDD, Git)
Our customers market NC Editor as a software solution to increase the productivity and predictability of manufacturing operations. Operators use NC Editor to create, edit, review and optimize NC programs that are used to manufacture a wide variety of parts with machine tools. Using NC Editor prevents expensive machine damage, reduces waste material and avoids downtime. The NC Editor thus helps manufacturing companies to remain competitive in international markets.
- Maintain and enhance the NC Editor
- Work in a development team using Scrum methodology
- Implement and optimize algorithms
- Design and shape the software architecture of the NC Editor
- You will be working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, Jira as an issue tracking system, Git as a version control system, GitLab for CI/CD, and Office 365
- Flexibility to work from home.
- A “can-do” culture with a young management team where you have the chance to implement your innovative ideas.
- Together we find the best solution for balancing your work and family life.
- An attractive salary, flexible working hours, fitness courses (e.g. back training) and a subsidized company canteen.
- Team building activities, including digital team events and virtual coffee breaks.
- Our culture encourages and supports personal as well as professional development, e.g. through workshops and knowledge sharing sessions where you can expand and share your own skills and knowledge.
- Our rapid growth gives you plenty of opportunities and openings for professional development.
- Take part in national and European research projects.
What you can expect from us
At ModuleWorks you will find a friendly working atmosphere in an international and young team. We do not believe in strict structures and rigid ways of thinking, but instead offer diverse tasks and encourage flexible development that goes beyond flexible working hours and home office.
Have we made you curious? Then get in touch with us! We look forward to receiving your application.
Only complete applications will be accepted for the application process.
Carlotta Schulze Wierling
Henricistrasse 50, 52072 Aachen